Sunday, June 8, 2008

Successful Weight Loss: Discover More Foods

Youre likely to look at this list of foods and be left feeling restricted and not knowing how you are going to manage without these foods. When you remove these foods it can leave a gaping hole in your eating plan. I believe that this is one of the main reasons that people go back to eating the foods that they really want to reduce. When you feel stuck and unsure about what you are going to eat, habit will have you going back to foods you used to eat becomes its easier. I would suggest that rather than following a restrictive diet and considering a list of foods that you need to cut out in order to lose weight, that you first discover some healthier choices in foods. Make these healthier options as interesting and enticing as you can. When you have these healthier foods available to you in a way that you enjoy them, then you can decide which ones they will replace in your usual eating plan.

I can remember once a restrictive diet that said you could only eat red meat a maximum of 3 times a week. Although this is a sensible approach to eating healthier and losing weight, I remember wondering how on earth am I only going to eat red meat 3 times, what would I eat instead? The recommendation was to eat chicken instead and although I like chicken, I wasnt sure that eating chicken every day would keep my interest in food and stop me from going back to foods that werent so healthy. It was definitely something I struggled with and yet now I rarely eat red meat. I would say that one of the main reasons for this is due to discovering a huge variety of foods that are healthier and I enjoy. I would suggest that before you look at the foods that you arent going to eat or reduce them, that you first focus on finding one new food, menu or recipe that is enticing to eat. When youre ready to replace that food then I encourage you to go ahead and make that change.

What I want for you is plenty of healthy food choices.

Wendy helps and motivates people to lose weight. Click to her site http://www.weightlosscoaching.com to read more weight loss articles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home